Business communication is an art of communicating precisely, clearly, concisely, consistently and as directly as possible in order to promote an organization, its product and/or service, relay information within the organization, between organizations and society at large and also with external stake holders. It involves speaking, listening and understanding and comprises of a varied topics including marketing, consumer behavior, advertising, corporate communications, public relations, reputation management, research and event management etc. Business communication can be verbal, nonverbal, or digital communication.
Benefits of Business Communication: Few of the benefits are listed as under:
- Builds team & enhance morale & loyalty: Effective communication ensures smooth information flow, better understanding, more synergy in workflow, better clarity and comprehension. Thus giving a feeling of empowerment to employees and making them feel in sync with the business. This will encourage pleasant relationships between teams; will build employee confidence as they will know where they fit in the whole scheme of things and how they can contribute to achieving business goals thus increasing loyalty among employees. Besides this, it will also help in conflict resolution and will thus reduce employee turnover.
- Enhances Customer Satisfaction: Efficient communication within the organization will ensure even effective & smooth information outflow to the customers. This will enhance his satisfaction as well as loyalty and make him brand evangelist. However, conflicting information from varied departments of the organization will not only shake customer’s confidence, but will also make him switch to competitors.
- Improves Productivity: Effective business communication will enhance the rate of return on investments, both in terms of monetary investments as well as time investments on workforce. When the team members and employees are well aware of their roles and what is expected of them, they will focus all their efforts on achieving their goals. The team-leaders will not only be able to better delegate the work within the team and will also get the results by working the team to its maximum potential. There will be less re-work and better productivity as well as profitability owing to reduced production costs.
Business communication course: Students must ensure admission in colleges that offers:
- The curriculum must encourage students to apply communication tools so as to work efficiently in teams as well as to address any business related issues.
- The college must equip students with an understanding of media, cultural studies as well as business. It must offer competencies relevant to careers in journalism, professional writing, public relations, communications, and advertising. Furthermore students will also be provided with knowledge about Business Environment, Digital marketing, Data analytics and Ethical Business practices.
- The college must develop partnerships with varied industries so as to not only offer comprehensive placement program along with internships, but also seek the guidance as well as mentorship from the industry experts.
- Besides educating, the college must also hone vital life skills of its students including communication, networking, negotiations etc.
- The college must also offer global exposure through its academic partner global universities.