It is not a miracle drug, but it’s amazing how CBD works and what it does to our bodies, so it’s not bad. Because CBD is made from plants, it can be the first thing you reach for when your pet has a health problem. It can be easily added to an animal’s daily routine and help with things like nausea control, appetite stimulation, heart health, allergies, and stress control, among other things.
CBD: benefits for pets
CBD has been shown to help animals with inflammatory issues, seizures, pain relief, and anxiety. The endocannabinoid system is used to treat pet health issues (ECS). The ECS seeks to achieve and maintain balance in all bodily processes. This may be why the best CBD for pets has so many potential benefits.
Remember that each pet’s ECS works differently, so CBD may work better for some than others. Following are the benefits of CBD in animals:
- Healthy skin– The skin is the largest organ and needs to be looked after every day. Many things can hurt your pet’s coat and skin, like not getting enough food or having skin allergies.
- Anxiety– Like humans, many pets suffer from anxiety, leading to undesirable behaviors like excessive urination. The best CBD for dogs is said to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. Experts believe this is because CBD shares some brain areas with serotonin, the hormone that makes us happy and relaxed.
- Pain– CBD may help reduce inflammation and pain once absorbed by an animal’s body. Experts are still learning how CBD may relieve pain, but it may affect the ECS and other nerves involved in pain perception. Studies have shown that reducing joint inflammation helps pets with osteoarthritis.
- Bone and joint health- Pets get older, which means they have to deal with the pain of arthritis. CBD oil is just as good at treating older pets with arthritis as it is for younger pets with joint pain.
- Seizures- In dogs, CBD has been shown to help with epilepsy by lessening the number of seizures when it is used with traditional antiseizure drugs. Even though experts don’t know how CBD helps with seizures, it is thought to keep nerves in the brain from firing too much and cut down on the number of electrolytes that are thought to play a role in seizures.
People can now get Epidiolex, a prescription CBD drug, from the FDA if they have two very severe seizure disorders called Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and Dravet Syndrome. It can also be used to treat seizures caused by tuberculosis sclerosis complex. However, there haven’t been any studies on how it works for animals, so it’s not safe to use it on pets.
CBD: Is it safe?
Remember that the FDA has not approved any CBD products for use in animals. As a result, products on the market may not have been thoroughly tested for safety or effectiveness. Some companies may also make unsubstantiated medical claims about their products that have not been evaluated.
Concerns about CBD product quality also exist. If the product contains THC or pesticides, it may not be as pure as the label claims. Determining how CBD for pets is made may require some extra research.
CBD: the legal status
If they contain less than 0.3 percent THC, hemp-derived CBD products are legal for pets. These products do not require a prescription.
The 2018 Farm Bill legalised hemp production and gave the CBD industry a path for use and testing in the United States.
Before giving anything to your pet, do your homework. Not all manufacturers are the same. Perform thorough due diligence on the companies that produce your products.
CBD affects animals differently. To find what works for your pet, you may need to try several brands, doses, or forms. Finding the right product takes time, but seeing your pet thrive is worth it.